Your gyno looks to the fact that you have had pelvic pain, difficulty getting pregnant, or menstrual cramps. New research has confirmed the genetic links we all suspected were a cause of endometriosis. But research shows correlation between these physical signs and endometriosis:
- Early onset of your first period.
- Very short cycles (close together periods)
- Heavy periods
- Heavier levels of alcohol consumption
- Being very thin
Having many freckles and moles , specifically a link with melanoma
- Not exercising much. Essentially exercise is protective against endometriosis.
- Not ever having children.
- Sensitivity to sun: those who burn easily are more likely to have endometriosis.
- There is a genetic link, if you have family members with endometriosis, you are more likely to have endometriosis diagnosed. What’s more twins are slightly more likely to get endometriosis as well.
Ultimately testing has to be done to confirm whether you have endometriosis, if you have questions, come in to discuss.