Skip to content
- All IUD manufacturer’s instructions, and the IUD websites tell you to check your strings!
- The CDC does not feel that women need to check your strings
- You only have a 1% chance of having your IUD expelled from your uterus in that first month after insertion, about 4% chance in the first year. After that expulsion rates are very low.
- About 40% of women who ‘try’ can actually feel their strings.
- It is not harmful to check your IUD strings, you will not dislodge the device.
- If you cannot feel your strings, and you previously could feel your IUD strings, a medical visit to your gyno can help you determine if the IUD is still in place and functioning.
- Causes And Associated Medical Issues With Premature Ovarian Failure
- Figuring Out If You Will Go Through Menopause Prematurely