Health is the first muse, and sleep is the condition to produce it.
—Ralph Waldo Emerson
1. Hormones are released into our body during sleep.
2. Growth hormone surges during sleep, and is particularly important for tissue repair in adults
3. Sleep helps to balance our apatite and the hormones leptin and ghrelin are controlled during sleep. .
4. If you suffer from PMS you are likely suffering from sleep disorders and possibly bad dreams as well.
5. Menopausal women have the worst sleep of any age group. And balance of hormones in menopause can help this as well.
6. The hormone melatonin has to be balanced as well. Darkness and light both affect melatonin differently
7.Stress and release of cortisol and adrenaline will adversely affect your sleep as well.
So these are just a few tips of a very complex topic, call us at Women’s Health Practice to see if you should do some hormone testing and bring yourself into a better balance. .