Exercise makes you better in bed for lots of reasons that have nothing to do with how you look when the clothes come off and the lights are just right. Exercise literally makes sex better, and here’s why. The average couple has sex 10 times a month. So check your date night calendar, see where you ‘lie’ relative to average, and maybe, just maybe, you need to up your game in the gym to help you get a boost!
1. If you have sex, you will have improvement in your hormonal surges that occur with sex. Specifically, you will have better testosterone secretion for at least a 30 minute surge right after sex.
2. Adrenal fatigue is not good, but too much of a cortisol surge when you don’t want it! Less Cortisol, cortisol is a hormone that puts on the mood breaks in a woman, and sex after exercise has less cortisol than sex without exercising first.
3. When you exercise, you can have a depressed prolactin level temporarily. Decreased prolactin which can have sex desire and performance effects similar to the depressant effects of cortisol
4. Increased sweat, from exercise just gets that physiological sex response ready to be more reactive.
5. Pheromone secretion, come hither smell is a real thing, and exercise can make you smell better to your partner!
6. Oxytocin release, the hormone of love gets up regulated with better exercise regimens.
7. Exercise can help combat the sexual dysfunction due to medications used for depression and anxiety, just 3 times a week as shown to be able to suppresses the sexual side effects of antidepressant medications.
8. Nipples can be more sensitive after sex, not always good, but it can be!
If you are finding the spark difficult to locate, come to Women’s Health Practice to discuss how we can help.