1. Lose weight, if you lose enough weight most people will also lose fat around your gut.
2. Reduce your total body inflammation, through exercise, meditation, less stress, good sex, and proper sleep are all factors in reducing inflammation.
3. Exercise. Growth hormone (GH) regulates whole body metabolism, including the mobilization of deep gut fat, and physical exercise is the most potent stimulus to induce your personal growth hormone secretion.
4. Eat right, healthier plant based, whole, organic foods do help you mobilize your deep gut fat.
5. Estrogen and overall hormonal health. In animals it is shown that exercise induced growth hormone stimulation is medicated through the thyroid gland, and that estrogen deficiency decreases the efficiency of this system.
6. The route to fat storage and mobilization always goes through effects of sugar consumption. There is an entire study of this now called glucocrinology. The concept of glucocrinology links diabetes and all endocrine function, and can affect how we store deep fat.
Maybe you don’t need to get rid of deep visceral fat, but you wouldn’t know one way or the other without getting a measurement, so come in to Women’s Health Practice and let us do an evaluation, figure sources of inflammation or hormone imbalance and help you decide how to adjust your nutrition for overall health.