Learning the basic signs, causes and cures of an overactive bladder can make a disastrous health problem easier for you to get help for. The newest technology we have is Emsella pelvic floor therapy. It is non-invasive, it works with more traditional therapies, and can be used by most women and men.
Top Signs of overactive bladder (OAB) are:
- Urinating during the night
- Urgently having to urinate when you first feel the sensation that you need to go to the bathroom
- Having a bit of incontinence before you make it to the bathroom, or when you think you already finished urinating
The top causes of overactive bladder (OAB) are:
- Nervous system disorder: either a neurologic disease or a disease of the bladder nerves firing out of normal sequence so that the bladder contracts on its own without rhyme or reason
- Pelvic Floor Disorder
- Genital or Urinary tract disorder
- Hormone imbalance or deficiency
- Pelvic Floor Surgery
- Unclear as to the exact cause
- Imbalance in the numbers of healthy or ‘good’ bacteria in your bladder
- Fewer numbers of different species of bacteria
- Are you a Diabetic?
- Have you had pelvic surgery, including a hysterectomy or bladder repir?
- Small bladder capacity
- Should be tackled with several strategies
- Pelvic Floor therapy is the first strategy, we have been excited about all of our non-invasive therapies, including Emsella, ThermiVa, and MonaLisa. Emsella can be used by men and women.
- Botox treatment of the bladder
- Neuromodulation such as PTNS
- Only 50% of women prescribed medication will notice effectiveness
- About 50-80% of women on these medicines will notice some negative effects on how they think